The success of our program could not happen without the countless hours that our parents and families put into our shows each year along with our production staff. There is something for everyone when it comes to volunteering and I would love to use your talents in our community!
DUE FEBRUARY 16, 2023
This year our goal is to cover most production costs of the show through program ad sales and patron donations. As a parent of a cast member, we are asking you to please attempt to sell at least three (3) ads for the program. You will find ad sales forms to download below. We recommend going to doctors, dentists, and other small businesses that you frequent to solicit an ad. Many families often place ads of congratulations or photo collages of their students. Both front and back covers and centerfolds go quickly. Make sure to email Mr. Bassett if you or your business wants one of them right away!
Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Tickets: Chairperson receives ticket orders, mails tickets, and organizes will-call. Committee members aid chairperson with orders and mailing as needed, sell tickets at the door, and operate will-call.
- Costuming: Chairperson; along with the director, the chairperson determines what costumes will be used from our supply and which costumes must be created or rented. The chair will also coordinate costume organization and costume room placement for the performances. Committee members aid the chairperson with all costume related issues and help ”dress” the students. (March 2, 2023 from 11:30-1:30pm)
- Flower Sales: Chairperson will be responsible for acquiring flowers to sell at performances and oversee sales. Committee members will assist chairperson as needed.
- Concessions:Chairperson will be responsible for coordinating sale of concessions (sodas, candy, etc) at performances. Committee members will assist chairperson as needed.
- Back Stage: Chairperson organizes back stage helpers for various tasks. Committee members will rotate helping with back stage tasks as needed.
- Photos: One volunteer who has experience with taking headshots with a good camera is needed to take photos for student bios in the playbill. This person needs to coordinate with the playbill person.
- Lobby Decorating/Performance Space Prep - We are in need of a 3-5 people to work with Mrs. Gauthier to help decorate the lobby and display the cast/crew names and head-shots. This group will also be responsible for blacking out all the windows with our black foam core board so light doesn't seep in during performances and in our dressing rooms.
- Playbill: The playbill chairperson collects ads, helps design ads and helps Mr. Bassett put together the program for the show. This person should have some desktop publishing experience and must coordinate with the printer to produce the playbill.
- Cast Party: Chairperson and committee members create a fun goodbye party for the students and staff of the musical. This party is after the final show in the dining hall.
- Set Construction: Chairperson works with our set designer and director to help build the sets for the show. Having a large van or pickup truck and power tools is a plus!
- Publicity: Parents will assist by hanging posters for our show in public places and local businesses and around school. This committee will be in charge of making sure we advertise on the school website and all school social media platforms. Publicity is also in charge of getting a banner for the fence outside and making sure everyone knows about the show at St. Mark's!